How many times have we heard or thought to ourselves, “just let it go”? Don’t be angry forever, let it go. Don’t be anxious or fearful, let it go. If we could just wash it off in the shower, or cough it out like a puff of smog, that would be one thing. But we can’t seem to be rid of these unwanted emotions like sweaty clothes.
We want to forgive and forget, but we still remember with the same angst, the same pain, the same regret when something triggers that emotion again.
Often we are told to “feel your feelings”, with the implication that if we feel them correctly they will go away. But what does that mean? Feel what and where. Feel it through the tear and terror? feel it so completely that we drown in tears? Argh, so frustrating because it never seems to work.
It never seemed to work because we didn’t have all the instructions.
It turns out that resolving emotions effectively and permanently is a precise protocol.
First you have to be in the emotion. Let the emotion pass or try to manufacture one and it doesn’t work. Then close your eyes and feel the physical sensations in your body. Let these sensations evolve and change until they dissipate. This lasts from 2 seconds to 2.5 minutes. And viola! The emotion is gone.
It’s too simple really. Its so deceptively simple that one can easily step off the “script” and suddenly your back to wallowing in fruitless ventures.
But when followed correctly it works. Amazingly, it works.
And sorry, this little snippet of the protocol doesn’t give enough information about what not to do. You’ll need just a little more instruction or the assistance of a professionally trained person.
But YES, all you have to do is “Feel the Feelings”, but not the ones in your mind.
A big THANK YOU to Cedric Bertelli for bringing this work to the USA!
I’ve been working with Emotional Resolution protocols for almost a year now [since 2017]. I know it doesn’t seem like a very long time. But I’ve personally experienced and seen in my clients, positive changes that have left me surprised and astonished.
Emotions, behaviors and somatic issues that have disappeared and not returned:
- Fear of driving fast
- weeping in grief for two years;
separation anxiety/abandonment of dying family member
- a sales person’s frustration/anger when caught between company and customer; sales person’s performance/making the numbers anxiety
- anger when passed over for promotion
- anger/frustration spouse’s behavior (many of these)
- being uncomfortable in own body; forgiving an unforgiving self-image
- fear of being killed/shot
- sports performance anxiety and injury/recovery fear
- asthma; phlegm over-production
- procrastination (many of these); avoidance
- pain in joints and arthritis
- family trauma
- anger/rage at “nothing”
- fear of meeting new people/making new friends/fitting in
- fear and paranoia at work
- idiopathic stomach pain after eating
- and more
It’s crazy how well it works!
If you have an emotion, behavior or chronic physical issue to resolve, try Emotional Resolution.